Friday 22 October 2010

Extreme use of voyeurism

I have decieded that i dont want to go over the top on voyeurism in my video. I know the genre is heavily related to songs about; sex, womens bodies and love songs.

But using alot of voyeurism will take away from the actual song, promote the artist in a controversial way and cause public uproar. Especially from feminisists, religous groups and parents.

So i only want to use voyeurism in my video to make the visuals match with the lyrics. 1 because it is part of Goodwins theory and secondly as it will make my video more effective and finally it conforms to the conventions of RnB.

Here are a few examples of videos where voyeurism is over used;

Nadine Coyle - Insatiable
Her 1st video was band my mtv due to it being to raunchy so she was forced to create a more modest version.

Lady Gaga - Telephone
Lady Gaga is known for her weirdness but this 9min long vid caused so much controversy. It was all over the news!
In the video she is stripped down to almost non exsistant underwear, she has a lesbian kiss with beyonce, intimate scenes with a crossdresser.
This video is just to much.
Voyeurism gone mad.
I dont even feel comfortable watching it!
I wouldnt want my audience to feel that way about my vid hence cutting down on voyeurism

Black eyed peas - My humps
To me this video dehumanises women and says we are just sexual objects. It just focuses on 'humps' its just totally excessive and caused uproar amgonst feminists everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment